Whether they’re your best friends, sisters, cousins, or closest relatives, you specifically chose them to stand by your side on one of the biggest days of your life. Getting those special moments with your bridesmaids captured on camera is going to be something that you will treasure forever. So besides the classic group photos of the entire wedding party (don’t get me wrong, you’ll love having those, too!) we want to get a little creative and show you some of the must-have wedding photos that you’ll definitely want to consider taking with your girls! From getting ready to getting down on the dance floor, here are some of our favorite bridesmaid pictures that you’ll want to add to your list!
It’s common to meet with your wedding photographer(s) before the big day arrives, which is a perfect opportunity to give them an idea of what you want! Whether you show them some inspiration from Pinterest or have a fully written out wedding photo list, they’ll appreciate knowing the types of poses, angles, and lighting that you prefer.
So if you’re looking for inspiration when it comes to your bridal party pics, look no further because we’ve got a fun list that you’ll totally want to steal!
26 Fun & Unique Must-Have Wedding Photos
1. The Ring Pic - Get a photo of your ladies checking out that gorgeous bling on your finger! Chances are, it will be a little over-the-top and cheesy, but you're bound to catch some real in-the-moment giggles as you all laugh at yourselves.
3. Getting Dressed - Most likely, your 'maids will be helping you put on your bridal gown, so have your photographer capture those moments! It'll remind you down the road why you chose them to stand by your side!
4. The First Look - Have your photographer capture the moment when your 'maids and family see you for the first time in your gown. It's an unforgettable moment and seeing their reactions is priceless!
5. Sneak a Peek of Your Feet - It's especially fun if everyone is rocking their own style.
6. Spell it Out - Whether you hold up your sorority sign or spell out something like 'love', it's fun, creative, and makes for the perfect picture.
7. With The Groom - Most likely, your 'maids are quite familiar with your groom (or are even his sisters!) so make sure they get a few fun pics with him!
8. Let Loose - Let your 'maids have some fun and let loose! Have your photographer capture those fun, candid moments or tell them to dance a little bit and see what you get!
9. Party Hard - Heading to a bar or party bus in between the ceremony and reception? Grab your girls for a picture on the bar and cheers to a lifelong friendship!
10. Capture the Scenery - Whether you're tying the knot in the winter or getting married outdoors, take advantage of what nature has to offer and find cool, unique places to photograph your bridal party.
11. Let Me Take A Selfie - You'll probably be taking a million selfies on your big day and we love the idea of your photographer taking a photo of you capturing those carefree moments.
12. Beautiful Bouquets - You spent a heck of a lot to make sure your 'maids get the perfect bouquets so don't forget to get a great picture of them!
13. Photo Booth Fun - If you're having a photo booth at your reception, have your photographer capture some of those moments as well. You'll love seeing and remembering how much fun your 'maids had!
14. Getting Down On The Dance Floor - Some of your favorite wedding memories will probably happen on the dance floor so make sure the photographer captures you and your bridesmaids' best moves!
15. Space yourselves out! - By spacing yourselves out, it doesn’t make your photos look so overwhelming and crowded! Try to spread out strategically and it will add a little flare to your photos!
16. Put the bride at the end - Although you would normally place the bride in the middle, placing the bride at the end gives it a unique and cute look!
17. Walk it out! - Lock arms, put a smile on your face, and start walkin’!
18. Show the back! - Cross arms and show the back of those beautiful dresses!
19. Gather ‘round! - Circle up and show everyone you’re beautiful flowers!
20. Use symmetry! - Symmetrical photos always turn out gorgeous!
21. Best of both worlds - You can get the best of both worlds on this photo by having a close up of you, but having your beautiful bridesmaids adoring your beautiful gown from a distance!
Whether you've already been a bridesmaid or are currently preparing your wedding photo list, which bridesmaid pictures are must-haves for you!? Leave a comment below and let us know!