Asking your ‘maids that one big question is almost as exciting as getting engaged! And let’s be honest - coming up with fun bridesmaid proposal ideas is half the fun! Whether you gather your girls together for a fun gift-giving party or deliver them individually, the element of surprise is what really makes the whole experience so memorable. So to help you out, we’ve come up with a list of some of our favorite creative ways to ask your bridesmaids that will get them yelling “yes!” at the top of their lungs!
1. Give your girls a scratch off card that is seriously too cute for words! You can even write a personal message for each of your soon-to-be 'maids to reveal.
2. Let's be real - who doesn't love a sweet treat every now and then? These cupcakes in a jar are not only delicious, but the perfect proposal idea!
3. Instead of choosing just one item, why not give your bridesmaid a whole goodie box of gifts? These super cute boxes can even be customized! My favorite part is the cactus hair ties that say "stick with me."
4. The creativity of Etsy people continues to amaze me! This beautifully detailed high heel pencil case is just perfect. Easy to store cosmetics or your bridesmaid jewelry in, this is a gift your bridesmaids are sure to cherish!
5. Let’s face it, there’s a little Bridezilla in all of us. Show off your funny (and honest!) side by gifting this fun card that is sure to bring a smile to your ‘maid’s faces.
6. What girl wouldn't want a gift that comes from the city of love (Paris!)? These sweet and simple pom pom necklaces are a fun present that your future 'maids will adore!
7. How fun would it be to get your girls together, pour a round of drinks, and let them find the personalized message written on the side of these shot glasses? Sounds like a party to me!
8. This simple and sweet initial necklace is sure to be a winner among your bridesmaids. Something your 'maids can wear in your wedding, and long after the big day, this necklace is the perfect gift!
9. It may not be the most sentimental of cards, but this design will definitely make your girls laugh! Besides, your need for them to help you pee is totally legit.
10. Honestly, when I found this coffee cup on Etsy I couldn't help but think that I would love to give this gift to my future bridesmaids! The floral print is adorable, and I think we can all admit that coffee cups are one of the most functional gifts.
11. We're drooling at the sight of these fancy bridesmaid cookies. And no one can refuse a yummy dessert right?
12. I love this proposal card because it's sweet and a little sassy. Straight to the point and super cute, this is sure to get a laugh out of your bridesmaids.
13. These personalized champagne glasses are great because you can choose them to match your wedding colors. After you surprise your girls, you and your 'maids can use the glasses to celebrate accordingly!
14. Propose with this charming muslin bag that's perfectly rustic chic! Personalize their bag by adding in a fun little bonus like nail polish, candies, coffee, or whatever you think they might enjoy!
15. This sweet and sentimental pillow is such a creative bridesmaid proposal idea. This is a super cute gift for your BFF turned bridesmaid who will always have an adorable reminder of how much you care about her!
16. This punny bath bomb is not only super cute but is a gift your bridesmaids will definitely love and use!
17. A koozie is something that can be used time and time again so by asking with something so practical means they'll constantly remember the special day they were invited to take part in your wedding!
18. You're friends will be filled with curiosity while they're attempting to figure out the hidden message on this pretty, custom jigsaw puzzle. Imagine their amazement once they finally put it together!
19. Place one of these glamorous labels onto a tasty bottle of wine and not only does it become a creative way to ask your bridesmaids, but it's a great way to celebrate together once they've said "yes!"
20. Dainty necklaces are totally trending so why not gift your girls with a chic, circular necklace that they can wear over and over again? We'd definitely be excited if we were given something this cute!
21. These push-up confetti poppers will have you and your friends laughing and cheering "hell yeah!" out of excitement. Not to mention, they just look like a ton of fun!
22. With cute packaging and a fun surprise inside, this candle is a great gift for your future bridesmaids! Every time they use the candle, they are sure to think of you. And even better: it's eco-friendly!
23. "Turns Out I Like Him More Than I Originally Planned" is funny but also acknowledges that your bridesmaids have been with you throughout you and your fiancée's relationship.
24. Especially perfect for those passionate wine lovers (you know who you are!), this simple cork unravels an unsuspecting message for your friends to discover.
25. These super cute (and functional) cosmetic bags are the perfect proposal gift for your bridesmaids. Open up the bag to see the message "will you be my bridesmaid?" for something that's a little more subtle but will be sure to put a smile on their faces whenever they use it! You can even fill the bag with goodies for an even more fun surprise!
26. Your future bridesmaids are sure to celebrate when they open this goodie box! From the confetti to the personalized "Bride Tribe" picture frame to the fortune cookie, everything about this gift just screams "cute".
27. This personalized proposal card is just too precious. Simple but beautiful, your future 'maids will love this gift and keep it for years to come!
28. Let's face it: being a bridesmaid can be stressful. Propose to your bridesmaids with a sentimental gift that will help keep them stress-free and relaxed!
29. I love these hair ties because they're simple and something your future 'maids will be able to use for a long time. And who doesn't love cute hair ties?
30. These personalized engraved boxes are perfect for the bridesmaid proposal. Your 'maids will be able to safely store all of their bridesmaid jewelry before the big day, and look how cute those little flasks are!
31. It's not a party unless there's a confetti-filled piñata! Your girls will love the excitement that this childhood toy brings as they pull on the string to reveal the exciting surprise inside!
We're super inspired by all these fun ideas and it's hard for us to even pick a favorite. Leave a comment below and tell us which 'will you be my bridesmaid?' gift was your personal fave! Have an idea of your own? Leave that in the comments as well! And once you've checked out all of these fun ideas, head on over and start browsing our collection of bridesmaid dresses for some more wedding inspiration you'll adore!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Taking Your Measurements
For the most accurate measurements, do not measure over your clothing. Your measurements should be taken while wearing undergarments similar to the ones you will wear with your dress. The measuring tape shouldn't be pulled too tight or have too much slack, and should always be parallel with the floor.
**Wedding apparel is typically sized differently than retail clothing, so keep in mind that it's not uncommon to find yourself requiring alterations.
Bust size: Wrap the tape around your back and under your arms at the fullest part of your bust (not underneath the bust).
Waist size: While standing up straight, bend at the waist to one side. Take the measurement where the natural crease happens in your side. This should be a few inches above your belly button.
Hip size: Standing with your feet together, wrap the tape around the fullest part of your hips and butt to get this measurement.
Choosing your correct size
Compare these three measurements to the Kennedy Blue size chart above. It is very important that you order the largest size that corresponds to your measurements. For example, if your bust measures 40.5" (size 12), your waist measures 31" (size 10) and your hips measure 41.5" (size 8), we advise that you order a size 12, and get your dress altered down to custom fit your body. Ordering anything smaller than a size 12 would not fit in the bust area. Please note: Our bridal gown size chart is different than the bridesmaids sizing and is listed below.