If you haven’t noticed, globes and maps are a huge trend right now in not only home decor, but in weddings, too! From wall prints to jewelry, maps are popping up everywhere and are the perfect decor for couples who love to travel, are having a destination wedding, or who come from different states or countries. Whether you DIY your own decor or shop around on Etsy, we’ve come up with some fun ways to incorporate a little bit of adventure into your wedding by adding map and globe decor that you and your guests will love!
1. These world map invitations are the perfect way to set the tone for your big day and give your guests an idea of what they can expect on the day of. An invitation suite like this is elegant and unique and will definitely get the attention of your guests!
2. A handwritten globe is the perfect decor for your big day! Customize one with the names of you and your fiancé for an alternative guestbook or ask for your favorite quote to just display as decor. Your guests will definitely be impressed!
3. This chic wall art by PrintableWisdom is a perfect piece to display near the gift table, guestbook, or even at the bar. Check out their shop for even more map prints with different quotes.
4. A simple way to add a fun splash of travel decor is by sprinkling confetti on the tables, the bar, or is even perfect for throwing as the couple exits the ceremony as husband and wife! TheLittleOrange is even offering 10% off to KB readers! Use the promo code KENNEDYBLUE2015 at their shop by December 31, 2015.
5. Have your guests sign a large wooden world map that will also makes a gorgeous piece of decor that you can later display in your home! It makes the perfect guestbook alternative!
6. Having unique and personalized table numbers is a fun trend that tons of couples are embracing! It’s an easy way to dress up your centerpiece decor. Simple and chic map table numbers are perfect for your travel-themed wedding.
7. To help your guests better understand that that your globe or map is also a guestbook, purchase a custom sign to display beside your map or globe to let them know that it is meant to be signed!
8. How gorgeous would a string of these garlands be as a backdrop during the wedding ceremony? These garlands come in 10 ft strands and would also look great on the head table.
9. It’s a unique idea and great if you have guests coming from lots of different states or even countries! Set up a map that marks where everyone is coming from for a fun way to show the diversity of locations and is great for acknowledging your out-of-town guests!
Photo: Purrington Photography
10. Who doesn't love cutely decorated desserts? Top your wedding cupcakes with these adorable atlas cupcake toppers that your guests will absolutely adore!
11. The map theme can even be carried through in your bridal party gifts. These custom map cufflinks are a super unique gift that the groomsmen can wear over and over again! How dapper!
After seeing all these fun ideas, are you as globe obsessed as I am? Using maps and globes in your wedding day decor is a fun and classic look that you’ll be able to cherish for years to come. Whether you only incorporate one of these ideas of a number of them for a full on travel-themed wedding, it’s a great way to add a personal touch to your big day.
Let’s Chat! How would you incorporate travel-themed decor into your wedding day? Leave a comment below and let us know how you feel about the map/globe trend!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
When it comes to wedding flowers, it always seems like all the floral options are the perfect option for your dream wedding. But where do you even start? We asked a real florist for all of the tips and tricks she has for picking your perfect wedding flowers!
Taking Your Measurements
Wearing the undergarments that you will wear with the dress, wrap the measuring tape around your back and under your arms at the fullest part of your bust.
Stand up straight and bend to the side, the crease created is your natural waist. Wrap tape around the narrowest part of your natural waist.
Stand with your feet together, wrap the tape around the fullest part of your hips and seat.
Ordering the Right Size:
Compare your three measurements to the size chart above. We recommend ordering the largest of the three sizes. Our size chart is standard, meaning, it fits one general body type! With the wide variety of body types, it is rare to find an exact fit, therefore, alterations are recommended to achieve a perfect fit!
If you have any questions on what size to order one of our representatives would love to assist you in the process. Reach out to email@example.com or chat online M-F 10am-4pm CST.