We absolutely adore our maid of honors and they obviously hold a very near and dear place in our hearts to have such a special role on such an important day in your life. Whether she’s your best friend or your sister, she deserves to be recognized for all of her hard work in the wedding planning, continual support, and just overall awesomeness. So along with a super special proposal to be in the bridal party, I’ve come up with 10 ideas to make your maid of honor stand out amongst the rest of the maids. From mix and match bridesmaid dresses to bouquets to hair pieces, you’ll easily find a way to make your MOH feel extra special on the big day!
Easy Ideas to Make Your Maid of Honor Feel Special
1. Give her a unique bouquet. Sprucing up your MOH’s bouquet is a great way to differentiate her from the group. Whether it be larger, have different colors, different flowers, or even have a different bouquet wrap, hers will beautifully stand out amongst the rest of the ‘maids in photos.
2. Style her in a different dress. By giving your MOH a different style dress than the other ‘maids, you will make her feel extra special on the big day! It doesn’t have to be anything drastic. Stick with your same color(s) and style her in a dress that has a unique neckline compared to the other girls.
3. Have her hair styled differently. If you are requesting that all of your ‘maids wear their hair up, have your maid of honor leave hers down and vice versa. It’s an easy way to stand out and have your MOH feel like she’s one-of-a-kind!
4. Embellish her look with a statement piece. Statement necklaces are incredibly popular and don’t seem to be going out of fashion anytime soon. Have your ‘maids all wear something chic and minimal and then have your MOH wear a classy statement necklace. Perhaps something special that you even picked out for her!
5. Style her dress with a unique belt. Since most bridesmaid dresses are pretty simple, have your MOH wear a chic little belt with some sparkly bling or a colored sash.
6. Adorn her with a special hairpiece. I personally am loving hairpieces for weddings right now and gifting one to your MOH to wear on the big day is a super special way to make her stand out amongst your ‘maids. Otherwise, if your girls are wearing some type of flower or leaf crown, tweak hers to have a signature look!
7. Style her in a different color. Mix and match bridesmaid dresses doesn’t just refer to the style of dress anymore. People are mixing colors and it’s gorgeous! A really easy way to give your MOH a stand-out look and be totally on-trend is by styling her in a different colored dress that’s complementary to the other bridesmaids. The easiest way to pull of this look? Choose a color that’s just a few shades off from the rest to create an ombre effect.
8. Decorate her chair at the head table. Similar to how the bride and groom often have signs or highly decorated chairs at the head table, adorn your maid of honor and best man with signs or other decor to help make the seating arrangement more obvious. They’ll definitely appreciate the gesture.
9. Dress her in a different length. You’ve probably seen bridal parties where one or multiple girls are in short bridesmaid dresses while the others are in long? It’s that same kind of thing. If all of the ‘maids are in short, flirty styles, dress your MOH in a long, elegant design that will leave her feeling extra special!
10. Style her in different shoes. It’s a super simple and subtle way to give your MOH a signature look, but she’ll love the uniqueness! Instead of having all of your girls wear the exact same shoe or the same color, let your MOH spice it up a bit. Whether she goes with a wedge instead of a stiletto heel or chooses gold instead of nude, it will be a fun accent!
Other Ways To Recognize Your Maid of Honor
Photos by Ali Kvidt
- Ask her to be a part of your wedding in a super special way. We have an awesome blog on the Ultimate List of Bridesmaid Proposals that will give you some serious inspiration!
- Involve her in the planning process from start to finish. Even if it just means sending her little texts with updates on decisions and upcoming events. If you’re looking for some fun wedding-related activities for you and your MOH or all of your ‘maids, check out out blog on 8 Fun Ways To Get Your Bridesmaids Involved.
- Thank her in your speech. It’s tradition for the bride and groom to give a ‘thank you’ speech at their reception and thanking their bridal party for taking part in the big day should definitely be a part of it! Don’t forget to give your MOH and best man a special shout out!
Let’s Chat! Who is your maid of honor and do you plan to differentiate her from the group? Leave a comment below and let us know your ideas!