You carefully chose your maid of honor, likely because she holds a very near and dear place in your heart. This title is not taken lightly, by the bride or the chosen maid! And whether she is your best friend or sister, she deserves to be recognized for her role in your life. Not the mention the time and energy she will likely put into planning your wedding. To ensure she understand just how much she means to you, we've come up with 10 ways to make your maid of honor stand out. From a super unique proposal to a different colored bridesmaid dress, you'll find it easy to make her feel extra special.
Easy Ideas to Make Your Maid of Honor Feel Special
1. Give her a unique bouquet. Give your MOH the gift of a one-of-a-kind bridal bouquet! It is an easy way to differentiate her from the group, whether you opt for an arrangement that is larger, features different colors, or different flowers. It will allow her to beautifully stand out amongst the rest of the ‘maids in your wedding photos.
2. Style her in a different dress. By giving your MOH a different style dress than the other ‘maids, you will make her feel extra special on the big day! It doesn’t even have to be anything drastic. Consider allowing her to rock a different silhouette, shoulder straps, or neckline.
3. Have her hair styled differently. If you are requesting that all of your ‘maids wear their hair up, have your maid of honor leave hers down. Or vice versa! Whatever she prefers, a unique do will set her apart or allow her to feel a little bit more like herself.
4. Gift her a statement piece. Statement jewelry is incredibly popular and doesn't seem to be going out of fashion anytime soon. Have your ‘maids all wear something chic but minimal and then have your MOH wear a classy statement piece. Perhaps something special that you even picked out for her, like a bracelet or necklace!
5. Style her dress with a unique belt. Since most bridesmaid dresses are pretty simple, have your MOH wear a chic little belt. Perhaps a sparkly rhinestone sash, or a more dainty and feminine ribbon. Choose whichever best aligns with your wedding vision!
6. Adorn her with a special hairpiece. A hairpieces or another hair accessory is a beautiful way to spruce up your bridesmaids outfit. They also make for a meaningful gift - perfect for a bridesmaid proposal. Gift one just to your MOH, or gift her a unique alternative to her that will set her apart from the rest of the girls. Such as a floral crown, a comb, or a set of pins.
7. Style her in a different color. More brides are putting their 'maids in different colors and it’s a gorgeous choice! However, consider putting your MOH alone in a different color dress. Whether it be a completely unique color, or just a slightly different shade from the rest of your girls. For example, if all of your girls are wearing Eggplant, put your MOH in French Lilac.
8. Decorate her chair at the head table. You've probably seen the bride and groom's chair with a sign or highly decorated? Surprise your MOH and best man with a sign or decor of their own! They will appreciate this simple gesture, but it will also make who sits where more obvious.
9. Dress her in a different length dress. A unique way to create a mismatched bridal party, is by putting your girls in dresses of different lengths. If all of the ‘maids are in short, flirty styles, dress your MOH in a long, elegant design that will leave her feeling extra special!
10. Style her in different shoes. Shoes are a super simple and subtle way to give your MOH a signature look. Instead of having all of your girls wear the exact same shoe or the same color, let your MOH spice it up a bit. Whether she goes with a wedge instead of a stiletto, or chooses sparkly gold instead of nude, it will be a super fun accent!
Other Ways To Recognize Your Maid of Honor
Do you want to differentiate you maid of honor from the rest of the group? We understand! With all of these options, it should be easy to choose a way to make your MOH stand out that also aligns with your wedding day vision. And that your MOH will remember for a lifetime. Leave a comment below letting us know what you think, or what you have planned!
You May Also Like...
Want to show a little appreciation for your fiancé (soon-to-be spouse) too? Be sure to read our blog on 23 Present for the Bride & Groom Gift Exchange. After all, it’s tradition for a bride and groom to exchange gifts on the big day!