They’re some of your best friends, closest relatives, sisters, and more. You’ve specifically chosen them to stand by your side on one of the biggest days of your life, so getting those special moments with your bridesmaids captured on camera is going to be something that you will treasure forever. So besides the classic group photos of the entire wedding party (don’t get me wrong, you’ll love having those, too!) we want to get a little creative and show you some of the must-have wedding photos that you’ll definitely want to consider taking with your girls! From getting ready to getting down on the dance floor, here are some of our favorite bridesmaid pictures that you’ll want to add to your list!
It’s common to meet with your wedding photographer(s) before the big day arrives and that’s a great opportunity to give them an idea of what you want! Whether you show them some inspiration from Pinterest or have a fully written out wedding photo list, they’ll appreciate knowing the types of poses, angles, and lighting that you prefer.
So if you’re looking for inspiration when it comes to your bridal party pics, look no further because we’ve got a fun list that you’ll totally want to steal!
1. The Ring Pic - Get a photo of your ladies checking out that gorgeous bling on your finger! Chances are, it will be a little over-the-top and cheesy, but you're bound to catch some real in-the-moment giggles as you all laugh at yourselves.
3. Getting Dressed - Most likely, your 'maids will be helping you put on your bridal gown so have your photographer capture those moments. It'll remind you down the road why you chose them to stand by your side!
4. The First Look - Have your photographer capture the moment when your 'maids and family see you for the first time in your gown. It's an unforgettable moment and seeing their reactions is priceless!
5. Sneak a Peek of Your Feet - It's especially fun if everyone is rocking their own style.
6. Spell it Out - Whether you hold up your sorority sign or spell out something like 'love', it's fun, creative, and makes for the perfect picture.
7. With The Groom - Most likely, your 'maids are quite familiar with your groom (or are even his sisters!) so make sure they get a few fun pics with him!
8. Let Loose - Let your 'maids have some fun and let loose! Have your photographer capture those fun, candid moments or tell them to dance a little bit and see what you get!
9. Party Hard - Heading to a bar or party bus in between the ceremony and reception? Grab your girls for a picture on the bar or cheers-ing to a lifelong friendship!
10. Capture the Scenery - Whether you're tying the knot in the winter or getting married outdoors, take advantage of what nature has to offer and find cool, unique places to photograph your bridal party.
11. Let Me Take A Selfie - You'll probably be taking a million selfies on your big day and we love the idea of your photographer taking a photo of you capturing those carefree moments.
12. Beautiful Bouquets - You spent a heck of a lot to make sure your 'maids get the perfect bouquets so don't forget to get a great picture of them!
13. Photo Booth Fun - If you're having a photo booth at your reception, have your photographer capture some of those moments as well. You'll love seeing and remembering how much fun your 'maids had!
14. Getting Down On The Dance Floor - Some of your favorite wedding memories will probably happen on the dance floor so make sure the photographer captures you and your bridesmaids' best moves!
Whether you've already been a bridesmaid or are currently preparing your wedding photo list, which bridesmaid pictures are must-haves for you!? Leave a comment below and let us know!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Styling your besties in mismatched bridesmaid dresses has been a huge trend for the past few years. And as popular as it still is, we’re slowly starting to see brides revert to having all of their girls dressed in the same style. So how do you decide what’s best for your own wedding? Here are some points to get you thinking about whether you should go the route of mismatched bridesmaid dresses or styling your girls in all the same look.
Romantic, elegant, and totally on-trend; we’re currently obsessing over Bordeaux bridesmaid dresses! Inspired by Marsala, Pantone’s 2016 color of the year, our newest color was created out of the need for a deep red with a romantic pink undertone. Literally, you guys, this color is everything we’ve ever dreamt of! Flattering on literally every skin tone, we think this is a color that your bridesmaids are easily going to fall in love with!
In my opinion, choosing your wedding colors is one of the hardest wedding decisions you’ll have to make. If you’re anything like me, you’re indecisive, overwhelmed by the amount of gorgeous color options, and your color preferences change on a weekly basis. How’s a girl to choose!?
Taking Your Measurements
For the most accurate measurements, do not measure over your clothing. Your measurements should be taken while wearing undergarments similar to the ones you will wear with your dress. The measuring tape shouldn't be pulled too tight or have too much slack, and should always be parallel with the floor.
**Wedding apparel is typically sized differently than retail clothing, so keep in mind that it's not uncommon to find yourself requiring alterations.
Bust size: Wrap the tape around your back and under your arms at the fullest part of your bust (not underneath the bust).
Waist size: While standing up straight, bend at the waist to one side. Take the measurement where the natural crease happens in your side. This should be a few inches above your belly button.
Hip size: Standing with your feet together, wrap the tape around the fullest part of your hips and butt to get this measurement.
Choosing your correct size
Compare these three measurements to the Kennedy Blue size chart above. It is very important that you order the largest size that corresponds to your measurements. For example, if your bust measures 40.5" (size 12), your waist measures 31" (size 10) and your hips measure 41.5" (size 8), we advise that you order a size 12, and get your dress altered down to custom fit your body. Ordering anything smaller than a size 12 would not fit in the bust area. Please note: Our bridal gown size chart is different than the bridesmaids sizing and is listed below.