Asking your ‘maids that one big question is almost as exciting as getting engaged! And let’s be honest - coming up with fun bridesmaid proposal ideas is half the fun! Whether you gather your girls together for a fun gift-giving party or deliver them individually, the element of surprise is what really makes the whole experience so memorable. So to help you out, we’ve come up with a list of some of our favorite creative ways to ask your bridesmaids that will get them yelling “yes!” at the top of their lungs!
1. Give your girls a scratch off card that is seriously too cute for words! You can even write a personal message for each of your soon-to-be 'maids to reveal. Bonus: Now through March 31st, use the promo KENNEDY10 for 10% off any orders at Inklings Paperie!
2. Let's be real - who doesn't love a sweet treat every now and then? These cupcakes in a jar are not only delicious, but the perfect proposal idea!
3. A personalized box is a great way to incorporate all of your little goodies into one fun package. Include items like a card, color palette ideas, inspiration for what you want them to wear, important dates, etc. The options are endless!
4. A custom crossword puzzle is fun, unique, and makes your ‘maids work for their surprise! Perfect for your puzzle-loving friend.
5. Let’s face it, there’s a little Bridezilla in all of us. Show off your funny (and honest!) side by gifting this fun card that is sure to bring a smile to your ‘maid’s faces.
6. What girl wouldn't want a gift that comes from the city of love (Paris!)? These sweet and simple pom pom necklaces are a fun present that your future 'maids will adore!
7. How fun would it be to get your girls together, pour a round of drinks, and let them find the personalized message written on the side of these shot glasses? Sounds like a party to me!
8. It's small, it's chic, it's the perfect way to ask! This pretty little box comes with a dainty (adjustable!) bow ring that your girly-girl friends will love.
9. It may not be the most sentimental of cards, but this design will definitely make your girls laugh! Besides, your need for them to help you pee is totally legit.
10. These pretty little clothespin dolls are a unique way to ask your bridesmaids and a gift they can treasure forever. Not to mention, they are just plain adorable!
11. We're drooling at the sight of these fancy bridesmaid cookies. Lucky for you, SugaryCharm is offering 10% off of these delicious treats when you use the promo KennedyBlue10!
12. A simple and classic choice, this floral print card is seriously adorable. It’s straight to the point and the design is super pretty!
13. Bring your bestie a cup of coffee and slap this label to pop the big question. She'll be surprised, happy, and caffeinated - the perfect combination for a fun celebration!
14. Propose with this charming muslin bag that's perfectly rustic chic! Personalize their bag by adding in a fun little bonus like nail polish, candies, coffee, or whatever you think they might enjoy!
15. Almost every girl loves to receive something shiny so this gold locket will give them a fun surprise inside that they won't be expecting!
16. This proposal idea seriously could not be more fun! Ask your 'maids to join your wedding day by having them pop this confetti-filled balloon with a secret question inside.
17. A koozie is something that can be used time and time again so by asking with something so practical means they'll constantly remember the special day they were invited to take part in your wedding!
18. You're friends will be filled with curiosity while they're attempting to figure out the hidden message on this pretty, custom jigsaw puzzle. Imagine their amazement once they finally put it together!
19. Place one of these glamorous labels onto a tasty bottle of wine and not only does it become a creative way to ask your bridesmaids, but it's a great way to celebrate together once they've said "yes!"
20. Dainty necklaces are totally trending so why not gift your girls with a chic, circular necklace that they can wear over and over again? We'd definitely be excited if we were given something this cute!
21. These push-up confetti poppers will have you and your friends laughing and cheering "hell yeah!" out of excitement. Not to mention, they just look like a ton of fun!
22. These dreamy candles are a gorgeous piece for your 'maids to enjoy in the comfort of their homes. With the soft smells and rustic look, it's a great gift to surprise them with!
23. Propose to your besties by giving these adorable bottle necklaces that are filled with colorful confetti. Besides, what girl doesn't love confetti?
24. Especially perfect for those passionate wine lovers (you know who you are!), this simple cork unravels an unsuspecting message for your friends to discover.
25. It's not a party unless there's a confetti-filled piñata! Your girls will love the excitement that this childhood toy brings as they pull on the string to reveal the exciting surprise inside!
We're super inspired by all these fun ideas and it's hard for us to even pick a favorite. Leave a comment below and tell us which 'will you be my bridesmaid?' gift was your personal fave! Have an idea of your own? Leave that in the comments as well! And once you've checked out all of these fun ideas, head on over and start browsing our collection of bridesmaid dresses for some more wedding inspiration you'll adore!
Looking for more great blogs? You'll also like:
Comments will be approved before showing up.
As a soon-to-be bride, choosing my wedding flowers has been one of the hardest decisions I’ve had to make – and honestly, I still haven’t decided! There are so many pretty options out there and narrowing all of them down has been nothing short of overwhelming. To make the decision a bit easier on you, I’ve gathered some of my absolute favorite bridesmaid bouquets from some of our Kennedy Blue weddings that I know you’re going to love!
Styling your besties in mismatched bridesmaid dresses has been a huge trend for the past few years. And as popular as it still is, we’re slowly starting to see brides revert to having all of their girls dressed in the same style. So how do you decide what’s best for your own wedding? Here are some points to get you thinking about whether you should go the route of mismatched bridesmaid dresses or styling your girls in all the same look.
Romantic, elegant, and totally on-trend; we’re currently obsessing over Bordeaux bridesmaid dresses! Inspired by Marsala, Pantone’s 2016 color of the year, our newest color was created out of the need for a deep red with a romantic pink undertone. Literally, you guys, this color is everything we’ve ever dreamt of! Flattering on literally every skin tone, we think this is a color that your bridesmaids are easily going to fall in love with!
Taking Your Measurements
For the most accurate measurements, do not measure over your clothing. Your measurements should be taken while wearing undergarments similar to the ones you will wear with your dress. The measuring tape shouldn't be pulled too tight or have too much slack, and should always be parallel with the floor.
**Wedding apparel is typically sized differently than retail clothing, so keep in mind that it's not uncommon to find yourself requiring alterations.
Bust size: Wrap the tape around your back and under your arms at the fullest part of your bust (not underneath the bust).
Waist size: While standing up straight, bend at the waist to one side. Take the measurement where the natural crease happens in your side. This should be a few inches above your belly button.
Hip size: Standing with your feet together, wrap the tape around the fullest part of your hips and butt to get this measurement.
Choosing your correct size
Compare these three measurements to the Kennedy Blue size chart above. It is very important that you order the largest size that corresponds to your measurements. For example, if your bust measures 40.5" (size 12), your waist measures 31" (size 10) and your hips measure 41.5" (size 8), we advise that you order a size 12, and get your dress altered down to custom fit your body. Ordering anything smaller than a size 12 would not fit in the bust area. Please note: Our bridal gown size chart is different than the bridesmaids sizing and is listed below.