Take the unnecessary stress out of bridesmaid dress shopping and try on your favorite styles in the comfort of your own home! Try before you buy with our At Home Try-On service. It’s simple, fun, and perfect for any out-of-town besties that are in your wedding. Grab your gals, some champagne, and snap some pics – have a try on party at home while deciding on your favorite Kennedy Blue dresses!
1. Order your samples. Simply select up to three samples and check out through the shopping cart on KennedyBlue.com. You can select three different styles you like in the same size, three of the same styles in all different sizes, or whatever you prefer! Keep in mind that these are just sample dresses, so they may not be available in the exact color you would like – they are simply so you can see the style in person, feel the fabric and get a feel for how the sizing runs before purchasing your actual dress in your size and color! PS – each order comes with a 10% off promo code for you and your ladies to use on your actual order!
Once your order has been placed, your dresses will ship out within 5 business days. When they have been shipped, you will receive an email with tracking information so you know exactly when to expect your shipment! We do ship each of our orders priority shipping, so typically they are delivered within about 2 days. Time to get ready for your try-on party!
Don’t forget to order your color swatches with your order, too. If the samples you are ordering aren’t available in the exact color you are looking for, this is the perfect way to get an idea of what the color will look like!
2. Have your try-on party! You’ve got three days with the dresses, so gather your ladies and try on your dresses together so the bride can get an idea of how they look. If you’re all spread out over the country, sounds like the perfect time for a Facetime session. Snap some pics and save them for your reference, too.
3. Measure yourself. If your sample doesn’t quite fit right, don’t worry! Each of our At Home Try-On (AHTO) orders comes with a measuring tape and a size chart, so all you’ll need to do is take your bust, waist and hip measurements and compare them to our size chart to determine what size will fit best. We’re always here to help! Feel free to contact us if you have any questions on how to take your measurements, or even if you want to send us your measurements, we can definitely assist in determining what size will be your best fit.
Here’s an example of how to determine your size based off of your measurements – If your bust measurement is 34.5” that would put you in between a size 4 and 6. If your waist measurement is 28” that would put you in a size 6, and if your hip measurement is 40” that would put you in a size 6 as well. Based off of these measurements, we would recommend going with the size 6 here. You’ll always want to base your size off of your largest measurement.
Sometimes your measurements may be all over the board, so you’ll want to make sure you’re following our measurement guide when taking them and please do not hesitate to contact us if you are questioning your size – we love to help our customers out!
4. Send your samples back. We make it pretty easy for you to get your samples back to us! Once your three days are up, simply place your dresses in the mail using the bag with the pre-paid shipping label that was in your package. If you’re wondering how you’ll know when your three days falls, there should be a note on your packing slip that states when you should pop the dresses back in the mail. If you’re still having trouble figuring this out, feel free to contact us and we can let you know when to send them back!
5. Order your actual dress. Once you’ve gotten a feel for the style, size and color you want to order, you’ll want to go ahead and place your order online (using your 10% promo code, of course!). Once your order has been processed, you will receive an email (within 3-5 business days) with an estimated ship date – yay!
6. Ask questions. We’re here to answer ANY questions you may have along the way. We want to put any concern you have about online ordering, to rest. Feel free to view our FAQ page and contact us with any other questions!
We know, ordering bridesmaid dresses online – that sounds crazy, right?! We’re here to re-define the bridal industry with a new way to try before you buy. Think about it – now-a-days, brides typically have at least one bridesmaid who lives in a different city or state than them; sometimes multiple!
So, how much easier does it sound to be able to do an AHTO order for each of these out of town girls, and then one (together) for your local ladies?? Avoid that busy in-store shopping experience and the struggle of having to coordinate everyone’s schedules for an appointment. You can now order sample dresses whenever you want, to be delivered wherever you want! If you’re having trouble coordinating something in-town with your ladies, you (or your girls) can each order samples separately. Sounds pretty ideal to me!
Ready to place your At Home Try-On order? Start shopping our sample dresses and place your order today. And don’t forget your color swatches. You can order whichever fabric you prefer– let the fun begin!
Do you have out of town bridesmaids? Have any questions about our AHTO service? Let us know in the comments below!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
As a soon-to-be bride, choosing my wedding flowers has been one of the hardest decisions I’ve had to make – and honestly, I still haven’t decided! There are so many pretty options out there and narrowing all of them down has been nothing short of overwhelming. To make the decision a bit easier on you, I’ve gathered some of my absolute favorite bridesmaid bouquets from some of our Kennedy Blue weddings that I know you’re going to love!
Styling your besties in mismatched bridesmaid dresses has been a huge trend for the past few years. And as popular as it still is, we’re slowly starting to see brides revert to having all of their girls dressed in the same style. So how do you decide what’s best for your own wedding? Here are some points to get you thinking about whether you should go the route of mismatched bridesmaid dresses or styling your girls in all the same look.
Romantic, elegant, and totally on-trend; we’re currently obsessing over Bordeaux bridesmaid dresses! Inspired by Marsala, Pantone’s 2016 color of the year, our newest color was created out of the need for a deep red with a romantic pink undertone. Literally, you guys, this color is everything we’ve ever dreamt of! Flattering on literally every skin tone, we think this is a color that your bridesmaids are easily going to fall in love with!
Taking Your Measurements
For the most accurate measurements, do not measure over your clothing. Your measurements should be taken while wearing undergarments similar to the ones you will wear with your dress. The measuring tape shouldn't be pulled too tight or have too much slack, and should always be parallel with the floor.
**Wedding apparel is typically sized differently than retail clothing, so keep in mind that it's not uncommon to find yourself requiring alterations.
Bust size: Wrap the tape around your back and under your arms at the fullest part of your bust (not underneath the bust).
Waist size: While standing up straight, bend at the waist to one side. Take the measurement where the natural crease happens in your side. This should be a few inches above your belly button.
Hip size: Standing with your feet together, wrap the tape around the fullest part of your hips and butt to get this measurement.
Choosing your correct size
Compare these three measurements to the Kennedy Blue size chart above. It is very important that you order the largest size that corresponds to your measurements. For example, if your bust measures 40.5" (size 12), your waist measures 31" (size 10) and your hips measure 41.5" (size 8), we advise that you order a size 12, and get your dress altered down to custom fit your body. Ordering anything smaller than a size 12 would not fit in the bust area. Please note: Our bridal gown size chart is different than the bridesmaids sizing and is listed below.